Thursday, 23 June 2011
testing out the multiple exposure function on our vivitars at college.
produced some interesting results
i went about St Albans on a freezing january day. When i walked up the hill into town i noticed an interesting patterned window cover, like net curtains but made from wood. i could not see into the house. so i stood opposite adjusting my camera controls and setting the focus on the this excellent pattern. which was going to be my first layer of a multiple exposure, when the resident knocked very loudly and violently on the window, shewing me off, making me jump.
my pinhole camera is working again
for these images i have used a small pringles tub and a biscuit tin.
i found that using foil and a small pin the best apperture.
it took me 4 different adjustments to make the pin hole correct.
some exposures were for 40 seconds and some are for 1.5 hours depending on the light.
Friday, 10 June 2011
Last summer my college moved into a brand new building and so it needed some lovely new art work to go up.
i sent forward this idea of a photo- collage, to go on the wall.
this is 6 foot by 3 foot, massive although you cant tell in the photo.
it took me many attempts to get the right angle and find a sunny day.
hours of work to join them up and stick it between two peices of acrylic.
but now i think it looks great against the red. i hope it stays for years to come.
fingers crossed it doesnt fade too much.